San Francisco Highlights
- The Golden Gate Bridge is the most iconic and famous symbol of San Francisco city and also its most photographed site.
- Alcatraz Island was known as America’s most infamous prison in the past and opened for tourists in 1973.
- Fisherman’s Wharf is a famous tourist spot and is known for its shops and restaurants.
- Riding the cable car is one of the must-do tourist activities as these unique modes of transportation are the only ones declared as a historic monument.
Other Departure Cities
- New York
San Francisco is a cultural, commercial and financial center in northern California. The city is a popular tourist destination known for its cool summers, fog and steep rolling hills. San Francisco is always considered the center of liberal activism in the United States. The city and surrounding Bay Area are global centers for sciences and arts. There are many landmarks to visit, like the Golden Gate Bridge, cable cars, the former Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary, Fisherman’s Wharf and its Chinatown district.
San Francisco is located on the West coast of the United States, close to the Pacific Ocean and San Francisco Bay. The Islands of Alcatraz, Treasure Island, Yerba Buena Island, and a small portion of Alameda Island, Red Rock Island, and Angel Island are part of the city. There are more than 50 hills in the city within the city limits. Some of the neighborhoods are named after these hills.
In the late 1960s, a Dominican entrepreneur named Frank Raineri and Theodore Kheel, a high-power New York based lawyer, along with some other investors, bought 58 million sq. meter land at the eastern end of the country. We know this area as San Francisco which was an under-developed coastal area then.San Francisco enjoys a warm summer Mediterranean climate which is known for its moist mild winters and dry summers. Tourism is one of the main private sector industries in the city. It attracts the fifth highest number of foreign tourists in the United States. There is a rise in conventioneers in San Francisco since the establishment of the Yerba Buena center.
Activities in San Francisco
- Twin Peaks are two uninhabited hills which are more than 900 feet high and offer excellent views of the city and it is also one of the best hiking spots in the city.
- Exploratorium is an incredible science museum which can be enjoyed by adults and children.
- High tea at a historic hotel known as Fairmont San Francisco is an experience in itself.
- Golden Gate National Recreation Area is a large natural area designated as a Biosphere Reserve.
Entertainment Options in San Francisco
- Golden Gate Park is home to many museums and gardens, where you can ride a bike or take a walk on its many trails.
- Chinatown in San Francisco is one of the largest ones outside of Asia, and the oldest in North America.
- Oracle Park is the home of the San Francisco Giants and you can take a 90-minute ballpark tour here.
- You can organize a Day trip to Napa Valley and Sonoma Valley which are the best known and largest grape-growing regions of California.
- Napa Valley
- Santa Cruz
Our Golden Promise to You
- We believe our clients are our most important brand ambassadors.
- We have some exclusive deals for our clients along with customized plans.
- We are here to provide service excellence at all times to our clients.
- The travel bonds are strong and may Bansal Travels’ wings take you where you wish to.